Fields of Mistria is looking for an experienced sound designer to join our team! This is a part-time (remote) contractor role starting at 10 hours a week, with the possibility of additional hours as development progresses (dependent on availability).
• Creating a wide variety of sounds that fit the 90’s aesthetic of our game
• Responsibility for sound design in all areas of the game from UI to gameplay
• Working closely with our programmers and lead composer to ensure audio in the game is balanced, transitions well, and generally sounds as good as possible.
Note: the responsibilities of this role do not include composing music.
The individual we are looking for:
• Is skilled and experienced with developing sound for games
• Is familiar and comfortable developing sound reminiscent of SNES & PS1 era games
• Has a friendly and team-oriented attitude
• Has credited roles on previously shipped video games
• Has Familiarity with GameMaker Studio 2 (or any programming)
• Has Experience with Git / Github
• Has Passion for farm sim classics like Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Rune Factory, etc
Fields of Mistria’s development team consists of about ten developers. Some work part-time while others work full time. We are a very close-knit group and work collaboratively on many aspects of the game.
While we’re a very active and passionate team, we value everyone’s health and well-being above all else. We do not crunch and we encourage everyone to work when it works best for them. The majority of us are working during typical American hours, but we have teammates all around the world!
Diversity is important to our team. We have a range of backgrounds represented on our team and believe that this is critical for us to create a game that is accessible to everyone. We encourage members of underrepresented backgrounds to apply!
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we appreciate all applications, only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for understanding!